Minnesota!

Thanks guys/gals. No pasty butt issues at all. No bloody stools. We do have electrolytes in their water. They were all vaccinated for coccidiosis (or at least the chicks I paid for were). Haven't lost a single Cornish X. It is the smallest layers that are dying (a Cochin, a Buff Orp, and either a BR or an
Australorp). Frustrating!

Thanks guys/gals. No pasty butt issues at all. No bloody stools. We do have electrolytes in their water. They were all vaccinated for coccidiosis (or at least the chicks I paid for were). Haven't lost a single Cornish X. It is the smallest layers that are dying (a Cochin, a Buff Orp, and either a BR or an
Australorp). Frustrating!

It sure is!! Good Luck..

Frustrating is an understatement when it comes to dealing with chicken problems. They can be quite overwhelming.

fl.gif
that this is the end of it Nordic.
hugs.gif
Better days lie I ahead. I'm almost sure.

Isn't that funny about kids? I never thought that kids would be afraid of chicks or chickens. But come to think of it my son would rather take the long way around the yard if Roger is standing in the middle of it. Those two have tangoed before. And Rog usually wins and my son is crying.
roll.png
Roger smells his fear. LOL. So cocky. (Perfect pun) My daughter just trots right on out and picks him up cuddles puts him down so he can get back to hen management and eating. No problems. I think though he mainly thinks we are his hens too.

My kids' fears, Daughter: HATES Hates spiders. Any size will send her running. And for my son, is storms. High winds, tornado warnings. I think we let him watch "Twister" at too young of an age.
th.gif

To show that I'm not only all about revealing my youngest daughter's fears, I'll reveal mine. Snakes. I'm 6'4 200lbs and let me tell you that no one is safe if they're around me and a snake. Not even women and children. I will throw a woman or child ON the snake to allow me the chance to flee. My fear is so irrational that I can't see a snake on TV or in a magazine without me freaking out.

Ralphie, to clarify. The rooster in your video is the supposed Ameraucana. The lady I got the chicks from said they were Ameraucana and had been sexed as pullets by a Hmong gentleman. The sex was obviously wrong, and the bird is not a SOP color variety for Ameraucana. It may still be from Ameraucana brood stock, but crossed by color variety and may be pure for the blue egg gene?
The other rooster is a Partridge Chantecler and egg gene would be light brown. He should be the larger of the two roosters.

Ralphie, to clarify. The rooster in your video is the supposed Ameraucana. The lady I got the chicks from said they were Ameraucana and had been sexed as pullets by a Hmong gentleman. The sex was obviously wrong, and the bird is not a SOP color variety for Ameraucana. It may still be from Ameraucana brood stock, but crossed by color variety and may be pure for the blue egg gene?
The other rooster is a Partridge Chantecler and egg gene would be light brown. He should be the larger of the two roosters.

Thanks!!

I had it backwards I looked at a picture of a partridge chanticleer some where that looked like the little one (Ole) and assumed it was him, but wondered about the green legs..

I also thought ED was the biggest yellow egged EE I had ever seen....lol

To show that I'm not only all about revealing my youngest daughter's fears, I'll reveal mine. Snakes. I'm 6'4 200lbs and let me tell you that no one is safe if they're around me and a snake. Not even women and children. I will throw a woman or child ON the snake to allow me the chance to flee. My fear is so irrational that I can't see a snake on TV or in a magazine without me freaking out.

I understand. mine is bats..

I go into places with "bat houses" and I get an urge to burn them.....

Heights... or maybe bears. I have a recurring nightmare every couple years or so about the latter.

Edited to add that the coop almost didn't get finished (a roof) because of the heights issue. What a ninny I am.... But then I pretty much know I don't bounce.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom