Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

Beautiful mare and history, too.

2. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    Lovely ladies you swooped up!

3. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    Looks like they're checking out the new girls.

4. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    @Cyrus83 Your new birds look nice. What breeds did you end up getting? Unless my eyes deceive me, the new ones are not wyandottes, correct?

5. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    I gotta start selling some barnyard hatching eggs!! They r nice and fresh and I have had development in all but 1 of my 4 dozen I just set and have chicks hatching next week so u could see what the babies look like. Most of the eggs would be green and some brown. They r crossed with a Welsummer roo. I am looking to get $2.00- $2.50 a dozen. PM me if interested!

[​IMG]

6. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    My Australian Shepherd Brox free ranges with my girls all the time. But my dog Meka (american eskimo mix), she is not allowed out with them, she cannot be trusted.

1 person likes this.
  7. Hi everyone!
    I haven't been able to check on this thread lately because of being busy with chores and school. (And as a result you guys left me 250+ posts :gig )

Not to much is new with me. I cleaned out the coop yesterday :sick and my dad weed whacked the run for me today. We are hopefully going to expand the run this week, my dad's planning on pushing some brush down with the bulldozer and then I'll drag it out with the four wheeler. The flock has been free ranging almost everyday because of the nice weather.

1 person likes this.
  8. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Not so much purebred as a type of chicken. They like the Minorcas, Welsummers, New Hampshires and those like them with the big single combs. A beefy chicken isn't quite as important as one that will give them good flavor for cooking up, I guess, or at least was told by one customer. They do use the Silkies too, which is funny to me since I can't feel much meat on those until they are at least a year old.

9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I have sold my birds to Asians and Indians ( Asian sub-continent not native Americans) they both like the skinny wiry roosters that are free ranged over the plump fat CX's (Bert's relatives). from the twin cities area.

They have all contacted me wanting more birds and saying how much they like the ones they got. A couple have told me they will take as many as I can raise. Of course, they always ask about Muscovy ducks too. I plan to save as many roosters as I can this year for them. Even the age does not matter, The woman that took nameless was extremely happy with him and he was 10 months old.

The nice thing about them as customers to me, is they do not care if the black pin feathers are there or not. It makes no difference. When I sell to those of us of European descent they whine and complain about the dark pin feathers.

10. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

FYI this was posted at our general store. Washington County fairgrounds. I think I'll go just to wander and see what they do with the event and who and what shows up if I can make it! @Minniechickmama maybe someone would take all those cockeral wellies that are hatching out!

It says Saturday, May 2nd in Stillwater. 8am. [email protected] for questions. On site testing $1 per bird.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by