Minnesota!

Oh my, Ralphie.  I have to agree.  This is our first time having poults.  They are stupid and clumsy.  They keep flipping over on their back, can't get up again, and then just give up.  I'm afraid to leave them alone.  They will surely kill themselves!  They sure do seem friendly, though :)

I will agree our Broad Breasted poults should have stupid tattooed on their foreheads. Its almost impossible to get them to drink out of a 1x3 inch water thing. They try drink through the side and not the top! But u r right they r sweet and come running when they see us.

Oh my, Ralphie. I have to agree. This is our first time having poults. They are stupid and clumsy. They keep flipping over on their back, can't get up again, and then just give up. I'm afraid to leave them alone. They will surely kill themselves! They sure do seem friendly, though :)

LOL!! That is so true!

Ralphie: owning and raising a diamond creamette would be cheaper are you sure you want to make such an offer? I might be tempted.

Last edited:
its good to hear about the turkey poults.....kind of makes me sure they aren't for me as I'm away from home so much. would worry to death! but they sure are cute.

Ralph, the creametttes are adorable.

My little creamette is still holding her own. Everyone is on probiotics now to counter the group corrid dosing. She is a timid little thing, I don't know if that is the breed or if it is her. I have some icelandic hens, who are equally small but a zillion times more assertive.

First asparagus spear yesterday!

The poults all made it through the night! After our rescues yesterday I feel like this is an accomplishment! I was worried, haha
smile.png

Grats Nordicacres....(whew what a long name to type out) I understand the worry.

I went downstairs (into the basement) to check on the poults, they are both alive and happy.

I then checked the hatcher moisture went down but stayed at 61%. Both the little boys (creamettes were alive, I was wrong about one being a girl)

The little poult was alive and doing well. We had another little and I mean LITTLE creamette hatch, it is a SHE! I feel so stupid now for thinking the one was a girl, maybe it was wishful thinking, but now that I have seen this one, I know what girls look like. The lines on the back are so distinct and cute, no need to play mind games and think or guess it is there. The eyeliner is there too. She is precious....BUT (always a but) she appears to have weak legs or flayed legs they are not under her like they should be, She does not seem to stand.

Is there anything I can do to help her or is all lost?

LOL!! That is so true!

Ralphie: owning and raising a diamond creamette would be cheaper are you sure you want to make such an offer? I might be tempted.

You completely misunderstand. I do not want your first born, you would have to sell it to some unknowing person. I raised one, I know the expense. Once you sell her/him then you give me the money for a down payment on the creamette.

I have looked ahead, at my hatching schedule (it is made in a haphazard method by the eggs I have in the incubator. I will be putting 24 eggs in as soon as these come out of the hatcher and I get it cleaned up. Then the next week I have room for 35! I could really get into this hatching stuff!

I still would like to sneak another incubator into here, BUT the wrath of the DW would be warm.....(really warm).. I would be sleeping in the coop warm..

One more thing and I am done (for awhile)

I found this, do you think it would work on my chick?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/896809/fixing-splayed-legs

And so I do not make a new post I will add to this one:

We took the baby out to see if we should try and fix her legs, we decided to let a little time pass, as she seemed to walk and sit ok on the table. Here are her pictures. (it is a her, isn't it when she got out where I could see better, I was not so sure)

Last edited:
You completely misunderstand. I do not want your first born, you would have to sell it to some unknowing person. I raised one, I know the expense. Once you sell her/him then you give me the money for a down payment on the creamette.

I have looked ahead, at my hatching schedule (it is made in a haphazard method by the eggs I have in the incubator. I will be putting 24 eggs in as soon as these come out of the hatcher and I get it cleaned up. Then the next week I have room for 35! I could really get into this hatching stuff!

I still would like to sneak another incubator into here, BUT the wrath of the DW would be warm.....(really warm).. I would be sleeping in the coop warm..
Warm enough to hatch eggs by??!! If you could keep her mad at you for 21 days, you might be able to hatch a whole bunch of eggs at one time!!!!!! Might be worth the nights in the coop, (and you could also snuggle with Bert all night).
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom