Miss Peggy has one leg now... Woo Hoo pix added see # 42

He's a BLM burro, but I got him free, I responded to an ad on my swap-shop website lol. A lady had 2 of them in with her goats and only needed one. She even delivered him, lol. He's sweet tempered but turns into an instant butthead whenever it comes time to lead him anywhere or do his feet. My Shoers just love him (not!). He definitely does a good job of guarding the Guineas and the Goats tho... he bosses them all around and breaks up fights, lol
thumbsup.gif

Actually I've read and heard that one burro will do a better job of guarding livestock than 2 or more will, they stay more focused and more alert and take their job more seriously
idunno.gif
I'm not gettin' another to prove it or disprove it tho, one butthead's plenty for me lol
barnie.gif

Jimmi1.jpg

Jimmi2.jpg

Jimmi3.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Raccoon got her and I didn't have the heart to put her down. I put her in a brooder cage with food and water so the other Guineas wouldn't trample her but that is all I have done. Its been a week now and she has gained enough strength now to stand, she hops to get around.

Quote:
SOOOO if I have been offered a free donkey, then you think I should go for it??? he comes to the fence to eat when we offer food to him ( at the place the guy owns him) but I am not sure he would stand for trimming or anything.. hmmmm thinking. By the way............. Good looking burro.... I like:)

Last edited:
Quote:
SOOOO if I have been offered a free donkey, then you think I should go for it??? he comes to the fence to eat when we offer food to him ( at the place the guy owns him) but I am not sure he would stand for trimming or anything.. hmmmm thinking

Have you had horses before? if so I would say go for it. Because donkeys have many of the same needs and diet issues. And then a couple of others that are uniquely donkey.

For instance and I have had horses now 44 years. For me to have one my requirements would be: Easy to catch, respectful of your feet, Ties, Loads in a trailer, and is reasonable with the farrier. Little as they are, pound for pound donkeys are stronger than a horse. They stay fat on very little feed, and too rich a food can founder one. Thats why there are so many living in the desert.

Back
Top Bottom