Miss penelope our Runner is hatching!

stonykill

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Canaan Ny
I went to the coop to let Patrick and Penelope out, and only Patrick came out this morning. Miss Penelope kicked out 3 eggs and I heard peeping under her! Figures, me, the guy who most always wroks from home has to work 30 miles from home today. I just can't wait to see the lil ones!

Aww stony so excited for you, can't wait to hear...
caf.gif

I just got home and she has them under her. I spoke to my wife earlier and she said Miss Penelope had 3 so far. one of the eggs she kicked out hatched and is under her! So she is still sitting tight on 2 eggs. I tried to get pics, but Miss Penelope just hissed at me, and Patrick ran to her side. So that wasn't happening
lau.gif

I just got home and she has them under her. I spoke to my wife earlier and she said Miss Penelope had 3 so far. one of the eggs she kicked out hatched and is under her! So she is still sitting tight on 2 eggs. I tried to get pics, but Miss Penelope just hissed at me, and Patrick ran to her side. So that wasn't happening
lau.gif
Well congrats and hope the rest hatch, can't wait to see pics of the cuties..

hard to get pics of her today. Penelope has at least 5 lil ones, maybe 6. The cream colored egg in front is a sumatra egg she stole last week!
lau.gif

Better pics tomorrow we hope!
cool.png

they are SO CUTE! Patrick has been standing guard. He hasn't even left the coop yet and the door has been open for an hour! When I opened the coop door 3 of them were right in front of me getting a drink
frow.gif
. Hopefully my beautiful wife will get more pics today while I'm away from the farm.

Gosh she is absolutely lovely! It's so exciting, isn't it? I have a nest due tomorrow if it goes at 35 days(Muscovy) otherwise it'll be Monday.. The girls have been switching though .. so who knows if that has affected the success of this hatch.

Gosh she is absolutely lovely! It's so exciting, isn't it? I have a nest due tomorrow if it goes at 35 days(Muscovy) otherwise it'll be Monday.. The girls have been switching though .. so who knows if that has affected the success of this hatch.
Speaking of switching, I've not had this happen with my scovies but I have 2 bantams that are playing musical eggs they keep getting on each others eggs. it's hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom