Missing chicken and one dead *I describe the body I found*

Without a photo it is hard to know but a coon will often use its finger and hand strength to devoir a chicken similar to how a human would pick and eat berries off the bush.

As a general rule however any chicken that is killed and eaten and the skeleton is still intact or articulated was killed by a bird of prey.

The fact that you found your 2nd hen and that she is alive is more evidence that the culprit was a bird of prey. Hawks and Owls begin feeding before the victim is dead.
Brutal. Omg.

Here's a pic of my hen who just survived a internally crumpled egg. These birds are surprisingly resilient huh?
IMG_1846.JPG
This is Jewel, she still has a few sores inside her butt, but she's fine. Exctatic!

Well, the vet said he is thinking it’s a hawk also that got them. Henley had to stay till Friday to make sure she isn’t septic and all that. They’ll clean the wounds and give her antibiotics and all that. I’ll keep you all posted! Thanks so much for all the info! Now to figure out what to do about the hawks!!!! :)

The vet gave me an update and said he feels Henley will recover nicely!! :) we will see how the next couple days go. But tonight my duck Charlie started having some problems so I am at my max for things happening to my babies!! :’(

Glad to hear shess doing well and the vet is confident she'll recover. Sorry to hear about your duck. Maybe he misses Henley.

The vet gave me an update and said he feels Henley will recover nicely!! :) we will see how the next couple days go. But tonight my duck Charlie started having some problems so I am at my max for things happening to my babies!! :’(

Have you posted a thread about Charlie? If not, describe the issue on this thread, and I may be able to help. I'm sorry too hear about Charlie, it can be tough, but I know you are doing your best, and you take pet ownership very seriously :):hugs:fl

Back
Top Bottom