Misspelling

Pics
This one gets me:
"Me and Jack went to the store" :he
I constantly have to correct my kids and husband. "Jack and I went to the store." To which they reply, "you didn't go" or "doesn't matter, we both went" or "what difference does it make?" :smack
Yes, too many people say/write "Me and..." when referring to the subjects of the sentence. However, when it is the object of the sentence, you would be able to say "__ and me." Some people still say "I" because it sounds better or more formal.
Examples:
"Jack and I went to the store with George."
"George went to the store, and brought Jack and me along."

This one gets me:
"Me and Jack went to the store" :he
I constantly have to correct my kids and husband. "Jack and I went to the store." To which they reply, "you didn't go" or "doesn't matter, we both went" or "what difference does it make?" :smack
Sometimes "Jack and me" is correct, but not as the subject of the sentence, only as the object. As in, "The teacher gave homework to everyone but Jack and me." If you would use "I" in the sentence without Jack, use "I" with Jack. If you would use "me" without Jack, use "me" with Jack. Wasn't that easy? Now you know Jack! 😆

Sometimes "Jack and me" is correct, but not as the subject of the sentence, only as the object. As in, "The teacher gave homework to everyone but Jack and me." If you would use "I" in the sentence without Jack, use "I" with Jack. If you would use "me" without Jack, use "me" with Jack. Wasn't that easy? Now you know Jack! 😆
Exactly, but so many people use it wrong both ways. Love your explanation.

Yes, too many people say/write "Me and..." when referring to the subjects of the sentence. However, when it is the object of the sentence, you would be able to say "__ and me." Some people still say "I" because it sounds better or more formal.
Examples:
"Jack and I went to the store with George."
"George went to the store, and brought Jack and me along."
Ah, the old “me/I” issue. I have heard something like this out of people: “Jack and I’s hair was too long so we got haircuts.” How about “Jack’s and my hair”, or even more simply, “our hair”.

As far as the other examples go,I was taught this way: “The teacher gave homework to everyone but Jack and I” Now take Jack out of the sentence. “The teacher gave homework to everyone but I.” Now try it the other way: “The teacher gave homework to everyone but Jack and me.” Again, remove Jack from the sentence. “The teacher gave homework to everyone but me.” Which one sounds better? In this example, “me” is correct.

Back
Top Bottom