Mites or molting...

Lice are not a very huge deal. They are living off the dry skin and dander on your chickens, not biting them or sucking blood.

If you're going to use a poultry dust, permethrin is a better choice than Sevin. But I love spinosad under the Elector PSP label. You can get it on Amazon. Be prepared for a very hefty price tag, though. However, it's highly concentrated and a quarter teaspoon makes a quart. An 8 ounce bottle should last you for years.

I find it much more pleasant to spray or dip my chickens to treat for lice or mites. The powder is so darned messy and it can't be good for either humans or chickens to breathe. But it's effective at a fraction of the cost of Elector.

No egg withdrawal.

Lice are not a very huge deal. They are living off the dry skin and dander on your chickens, not biting them or sucking blood.

If you're going to use a poultry dust, permethrin is a better choice than Sevin. But I love spinosad under the Elector PSP label. You can get it on Amazon. Be prepared for a very hefty price tag, though. However, it's highly concentrated and a quarter teaspoon makes a quart. An 8 ounce bottle should last you for years.

I find it much more pleasant to spray or dip my chickens to treat for lice or mites. The powder is so darned messy and it can't be good for either humans or chickens to breathe. But it's effective at a fraction of the cost of Elector.

No egg withdrawal.

Wow! THANK YOU!!! :highfive: I'm going to check into the spinosad right now. I really appreciate the info!

Ok... @azygous im definitely not going to be able to spinosad elector pap right now. I did notice spinosad in a lot of "organic" garden insecticides that were cheaper. Do you think that would work or just go with permethrin?

Also- I know the lice aren't necessarily a big deal but I'm still seeing loads of feathers and I'm worried that if I missed lice I may have missed mites too. I think I want to treat them for both just to be safe. But I'd love to avoid egg withdrawal.

Back
Top Bottom