Mix breed thread!! Post pictures!!

Anyone have any white "leghorn x easter egger" mixes? What do they look like and what color eggs do you get from them?

I don't have any pictures, but I remember having a hen who's father was a Leghorn and mother was either mericauna or ee. She was completely white, but with the fluffy face like her mother. And her eggs were right in between green and white, like a mint green. I loved her.

I don't have any pictures, but I remember having a hen who's father was a Leghorn and mother was either mericauna or ee. She was completely white, but with the fluffy face like her mother. And her eggs were right in between green and white, like a mint green. I loved her.
A cross between a pure Ameraucana or a pure Legbar rooster crossed with a leghorn hen will result in chicks that will lay light blue eggs. They sell the chicks (from white eggs) under different marketing names like SBEL - super blue egg layers and Sapphire. These are hybrids and will not breed true, they are excellent egg layers due to the Leghorn mother.
D.gif
jumpy.gif

The following seven are all mixed. Dad is a Norwegian Jaerhon and hens are a mix of EE, BA, RSL, SF, WTB, RIR, and SS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom