Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
I have a bunch of crossbreeds to post, but my pics keep getting rotated when I upload them! Most of my photos are in portrait aspect and appear sideways on my post. I can't find an answer to this on the FAQ section of the forum. Is there a way to flip them back once they're uploaded? Thanks!

***Nevermind, my photo editing software was just acting up :)

Last edited:
I love this thread! Here are my mixes:

1. This is my rooster, Soleimon. His father was a non-standard ameraucana (birchen) and his mother was most likely a blue or splash wheaten marans.

2. This is Esme, who is a non-standard ameraucana/ bc marans mix, but I'm not sure which parent was which breed. She lays huge spotted brown eggs.

3. Here are their babies, Pequena (top) and Pequeno. They are essentially half ameraucana and half marans!

4. This is Bernita, a blue salmon pullet out of Soleimon over my salmon faverolles hen.

5. This is an unrelated pullet, Becky. She's out of a BO roo over an EE hen, and lays light green eggs. (She was having a bad hair day; she's normally very pretty :) )

6. Another unrelated pullet, Sonia. She's out of a BC marans roo over an EE hen, and lays awesome dark olive eggs!

Last edited:

Zoe and Lucy are Light Brahma Roo x Black Silkie hens. They are very friendly, and look nothing at all like their father other than having more typical chicken feathers rather than silkie fluff! They are bigger than a silkie--almost the size of a standard LF. They lay about 4-5 days a week, and they lay small (but not silkie small) cream colored eggs. They are a year old now and we've seen them toying with broodiness, but nothing serious. They mothers were insanely broody. I don't have a roo right now and don't want any more chicks, so I hope they behave themselves and keep laying! They're pretty birds, especially in the sunlight.

I LOVE THIS BIRD , DO YOU SELL THE EGG?

You know great pryness is a flock protector I have one and he kills chickens all the time it's sad when he killed my banny
hit.gif

I'm trying not to step on v.cyr's toes or anything, I'm simply trying to add some more reference pics for possible mixes here. I hope this helps anyone who wants to breed some mixes.

I meant to ask in my reply to you a minute ago if your hen was laying yet. I'd love to know what color eggs she is laying!
I am sad to say that I am not very good at sexing my chickens. Our "hen" is a rooster. He is gorgeous, but I am positive that he will not be giving us any eggs. :( He didn't crow for 6 months, and there is no wattle or spurs. I am hoping that he continues to get along with his daddy or we will have to figure out what to do with him.

Buff Laced Crested Easter Egger. Rooster.
Dad: Buff Laced Polish
Mom: Silver Easter Egger

Paint Crested Easter Egger.
Dad: Buff Laced Polish
Mom: Blue Easter Egger (Blue/Red EE x Blue/Red Splash EE)

10 1/2 week old Gold/Black Easter Egger rooster.
Dad: Buff Laced Polish {1/2 brother to the roo and hen above.
(Buff Laced Polish x Golden Laced Polish)
Mom: 1 of about 6 hens in the pen of various colored Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom