Mixed breeds

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by furbabymum, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Georgia Boy: What a crazy mix up. Your chickens are wonderful, ESPECIALLY the very last Silkie Roo Pic. He Looks like a Salmon Faverolles, but as a Silkie. I know a lady on here that was able to create the same bird but through genetics with just Silkies. Quite a feat for her. But you did the same thing by just cutting to the chase. Breed the Faverolles to the Silkie,,,hmmmm..[​IMG]

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the compliment but the credit goes to byc member New To Farming.These were her birds and because of a move from georgia to pennsylvania she could not take her entire flock and some of her chickens came to live with me.I certainly have a most colorful and unusual flock.

3. Georgia Boy 1970

Took some pics of my mixes today.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Gardeningmama

What are the 2 in pic 11? They look like my Olive Egger, but with Silkie head features, and blue legs like my polish. Too funny!! Cute frizzle! Still lovin that roo.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana

6. Georgia Boy 1970

polish X easter egger

7. Gardeningmama

[​IMG]

8. Arkansas81

Arkansas81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Central Arkansas
    so that's what he is...nobody has ever been able to tell me what he is...cool!!

9. Arkansas81

Arkansas81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    Central Arkansas
    does anyone have a guess on what this boy is??

[​IMG]Emmett is a sweet boy, man is he big! He is named after Emmett on Twilight-the name suits him well [​IMG]

10. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Red asnd Barred Crossbred.
    I have several that look like him. One or two that have blue in place of the black on them.

Pulled 26 babies out of the hatcher today. 14 Polish-EE cross and 12 NN-Brown Leghorn cross. All the NN-Leghorn cfrosses are NN except 2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by