Mixed Buff Orpington chicks, What sex?

justduckyinVT

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 15, 2012
Hi, My kids are four weeks old. I'm thinking all cockerels, what do you think? Their combs are nolonger yellow, they have changed to pink. No waddles grown yet but I can see where they are beginning. I think this tall white one maybe my only pullet if at all. She has the smallest comb however it's reddish. Thanks for any help.

They all look like cockerels to me, sorry
hide.gif

Well, I would say the two white ones are likely California white/buff orpington crosses and the other two....they have yellow feet so not pure Buff but definitely have Buff in them...maybe crossed with Red Sex Link. I think its looks like the one white one is a pullet, thought its hard to say cause if they are cal. white crosses the cal white hens have large floppy combs too. So I would just wait and see. I can only see the comb on one of the buff colored. It looks pretty large. Good luck, hope you get more than just cockerels though.

Yeah you're aware those are mutts not Buff Orpingtons right? Just double checkin'

Kinda hard to say, they may very well be all cockerels but the medium shade one might be a pullet. To be safe I'd wait two to three more weeks.

Well, she got the eggs from me so I'm pretty sure what the crosses are :) They definitely are not pure buff. But my roo was a pure Buff so I know they are half.

Yeah you're aware those are mutts not Buff Orpingtons right? Just double checkin'

Kinda hard to say, they may very well be all cockerels but the medium shade one might be a pullet. To be safe I'd wait two to three more weeks.
yup! That would be why I titled it mixed Buff Orpingtons.;)

I've always been a sucker for mutts. You should see my dogs.
Well, she got the eggs from me so I'm pretty sure what the crosses are :) They definitely are not pure buff. But my roo was a pure Buff so I know they are half.

Okay, the kids are now 6 weeks old. What do you all think about the sex now? There are four in all. The two buff colored ones I think are Roos, One of the white ones maybe a pullet but I'm not sure still. Opinions???
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom