Mixed ducklings from tsc????

Ducks4us

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 31, 2015
North Idaho
Hey i just picked up 6 new ducklings from tsc. They had all ducklings mixed together. Im not very experienced but i think i got a few pekin ducklings and a black swedish... Could be wrong. And then a light colored one that i have no idea? I seen some pictures of saxony ducklings she kinda resembles....??? Could use help.

I've never seen a Saxony baby in person so I can't really guess on that. (I have 2 saxony babies coming soon though! yay!) But I thought that one kind of looks like my 2 runner babies from TSC.
I'm jealous of all the different kinds everyone finds at their local Tsc! Two weeks in a row all ours had was pekin, runners and Rouens. All adorable but it would be neat to see some of the others too!

Congrats on the adorable babies.

Thank u. Im excited to havea different breed than the normal.
Funny tsc has a chart with four breeds. Pekin. rouen. Mallard. Khaki campbell. And say those are the only ones they carry. But there was many different colored ducklings in there. She was the only one like this tho.
Different stores end up ordering from different hatcheries. Those are the most common breeds hatcheries tend to send since they hatch so many of them. But some locations are lucky enough to get other breeds. You just have to look for them though as the employees and store workers usually aren't educated about ducks or chickens enough to know what they get in.

Our local TSC just got a shipment of french white muscovies. And the hatchery they said them got them from doesnt even carry those. But that's DEFINITELY what they are. So you just never know :)

Went back to tsc today for pine shavings and they had some ducklings left from the same batch i picked my 6 out if last week. A bunch of rouens and then a yellow one and a black swedish i beleive?!
Anyway bought two more .
Not sure what this yellow one is tho.
They told me it was a khaki cambell ... But didnt look like one to me
The purplish bill makes me think buff instead of pekin. I got a buff at TSC a few years ago, so it's definitely possible.

Hey i just picked up 6 new ducklings from tsc. They had all ducklings mixed together. Im not very experienced but i think i got a few pekin ducklings and a black swedish... Could be wrong. And then a light colored one that i have no idea? I seen some pictures of saxony ducklings she kinda resembles....??? Could use help.
That looks a lot like a mystery duckling I saw at my local TSC about a month ago. No one suggested saxony at the time...the best we could come up with was some kind of runner or maybe a golden 300 hybrid, but I think saxony is the most likely.

Back
Top Bottom