mixed quails bleeding!! Help

Separate the sexes - if anyone is hurt/bleeding/acting lethatgic, put that bird by itself and keep it warm till it gets better.
What kind of quail are they?

I might be wrong, but I think 'snowflake' is the name for a color that's only found in bobwhite quail? If you have 5 bobwhite males and have put them with 6 coturnix females - a completely different species - there is no way that's ever going to work. Don't put them with each other. Get 5 bobwhite females and put each bobwhite pair in separate cages, if you want to keep your males with females.

I might be wrong, but I think 'snowflake' is the name for a color that's only found in bobwhite quail? If you have 5 bobwhite males and have put them with 6 coturnix females - a completely different species - there is no way that's ever going to work. Don't put them with each other. Get 5 bobwhite females and put each bobwhite pair in separate cages, if you want to keep your males with females.
ive got japanese and cournix and english white and snowflake so do i have to have 4 different cages?

or will they get use to each other if i leave them in together cause tommorow at 8.00AM it will be day 3 of haveing them

Japanese quail are called coturnix in latin and english white is just a color variation within this species, so those 3 are all the same - but they are territorial birds, they need to be introduced properly to each other and not just put in the same cage, as that will likely cause fighting.
The real issue is the 'snowflake'. I just saw in your other thread that they are indeed bobwhite quail. They can not be kept with the coturnix/japanese quail. Keep the two species separate and watch for fighting within the two groups.

They will not get used to each other.

Your snowflake quail are a different species of quail, they are bobwhites. You need to keep one male snowflake with one female snowflake, no other birds in the enclosure, or they'll fight during the breeding season.

For the rest, you can either keep 5 females for every 1 male, or all males.

They will not get used to each other.

Your snowflake quail are a different species of quail, they are bobwhites. You need to keep one male snowflake with one female snowflake, no other birds in the enclosure, or they'll fight during the breeding season.

For the rest, you can either keep 5 females for every 1 male, or all males.
sorry just got back from high school so will they never get along

Back
Top Bottom