MJ's Challenge ~ The Voyage Out

Pics
Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I've dropped by the wayside. Life has been crazy busy. First with our kitchen remodel & now my mom is very ill. She broke her hip in 2019 and has had nothing but trouble since. Tomorrow she is going in for surgery to remove the implant as it failed & she has a severe infection.
:hugs
Hope things work out for your mom.

"When I think of the Greeks I think of them as naked black men," said Miss Allan, "which is quite incorrect, I'm sure.”
😳🤨🤔😅
I marked that as well. I am finding this hotel guest phase very irritating.
It is like Oscar Wilde without the wit. In other words a bunch of self important superficial chit chat.

I stopped getting notifications for this thread for some reason but my paper copy has finally arrived. So much easier than trying to navigate my phone or computer.
20210311_194000.jpg

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I've dropped by the wayside. Life has been crazy busy. First with our kitchen remodel & now my mom is very ill. She broke her hip in 2019 and has had nothing but trouble since. Tomorrow she is going in for surgery to remove the implant as it failed & she has a severe infection.
I've caught up on your thread :hugs You have more important things to worry about.

I stopped getting notifications for this thread for some reason but my paper copy has finally arrived. So much easier than trying to navigate my phone or computer.
View attachment 2564777
I love the cover! I switched to the library's copy back at chapter 3 (published by the Hogarth Press and from the Colin Thiele collection - maybe CT once read the very book I'm now reading - a special thought!). Reading paper is much nicer, but with deliveries so slow and my other bookclub meeting on Monday and paper copies of its books mostly unavailable in the library, I've had to adapt to reading on the kindle. @drstratton it turns out the kindle does let me make notes and highlights but after owning it for many years, I was still too unfamiliar with it to realise!

Back
Top Bottom