MJ's Challenge ~ The Voyage Out

I love Oscar Wilde too! :D The first stage play I ever saw was The Importance of Being Earnest. Then I discovered his fairy tales & fell in love. šŸ˜†
Oh me too. I have an old copy of his complete works which I have read and re-read almost to destruction.
After this I may need to remind myself. I can still cry at the thought of the Nightingale and the Rose and of course The Importance of Being Earnest is truly funny..... "no cucumbers in the market - not even for ready money" :lau

Oh me too. I have an old copy of his complete works which I have read and re-read almost to destruction.
After this I may need to remind myself. I can still cry at the thought of the Nightingale and the Rose and of course The Importance of Being Earnest is truly funny..... "no cucumbers in the market - not even for ready money" :lau
Oh I am so glad you laughed MJ. After I posted I worried you would all think me completely batty!

Oh I am so glad you laughed MJ. After I posted I worried you would all think me completely batty!
Slight change of topic, I have the complete works too! I love all of it except so far I haven't been able to finish de profundis, I guess I lack the discipline for epic poetry :confused:

His writing is so bright and full of life šŸ¤—

To lose one parent...

"... may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.ā€ šŸ¤£

I looked it up to make sure I quoted it exactly! ;)

For a long time this was my go to Oscar Wilde quote: A man who does not think for himself does not think @ all. It is still very apt.

I love the cover! I switched to the library's copy back at chapter 3 (published by the Hogarth Press and from the Colin Thiele collection - maybe CT once read the very book I'm now reading - a special thought!). Reading paper is much nicer, but with deliveries so slow and my other bookclub meeting on Monday and paper copies of its books mostly unavailable in the library, I've had to adapt to reading on the kindle. @drstratton it turns out the kindle does let me make notes and highlights but after owning it for many years, I was still too unfamiliar with it to realise!
I should probably charge my old kindle & see if I can do the same.

For mine you hold on a word, drag it to include the whole highlight then choose to highlight šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
On mine it's a matter of using the thingy in the middle at the bottom, to put the cursor in the right spot, click and choose start highlight, move the cursor, click and choose end highlight. Notes are similar except there's a lot of tedious selection of characters.

Slight change of topic, I have the complete works too! I love all of it except so far I haven't been able to finish de profundis, I guess I lack the discipline for epic poetry :confused:
Uh oh... I got the name of the poem completely wrong. I haven't checked the book yet, but there's a very long poem in it that I've yet to read properly.

Back
Top Bottom