MJ's Challenge ~ The Voyage Out

Pics
No worries, but I can't claim any credit because it popped up after I'd watched an episode of Brideshead Revisited and reminded me of our earlier chat about the Mitfords.
I love that they all remember the child hunt fondly! 🥰 It is one of my favourite literature passages because it is the sort of thing children love which horrifies so many adults.

I love that they all remember the child hunt fondly! 🥰 It is one of my favourite literature passages because it is the sort of thing children love which horrifies so many adults.
Yes. And don’t you love in the film when she says it is inaccurate and you start to feel disappointed and then she says because it was only one dog not two. :lau

Yes. And don’t you love in the film when she says it is inaccurate and you start to feel disappointed and then she says because it was only one dog not two. :lau
It's quite the eye opener when you realise just what their father got away with in the educational department. They'd be on his case today

Thick calves as the reason not to be allowed to go to school. :lau
Yes, caused by hockey but being chased by hounds cross country wouldn't!:lau And what I do find endlessly fascinating is hearing the other side of history because whichever sister it was who said it is quite right: Hitler wasn't always seen as the ogre he became.

My youngest DD became quite fluent in German & when she studied WWII she listened to some of Hitler's speeches & commented he was mesmerizing & charismatic ~ it's only to our English ears he sounds like a raving lunatic.

Back
Top Bottom