MJ's little flock

I'm late to the discussion but it was a babysitting day.

My oldest books only go back to one's my mother owned like this 1944 edition of Peg's Fairy Book, which I absolutely loved as a child. The illustrations are superb!

View attachment 2502084
What's behind that little yellow door? Maybe the fairies' printing press?

What's behind that little yellow door? Maybe the fairies' printing press?

Unfortunately my copy is still in storage but I love her Gypsy fairies... :)
10856210b564db1b355e5250e44944b5--vintage-fairies-magical-creatures.jpg

And this is just delightful.

peg-maltby.jpg

They aren't twee @ all.
Sadly pretty seems to be out of fashion in children's books as in all else. :(

It's a beautifully framed shot MJ and although I love the chooks and hidden cat what I was really admiring were those beautiful floorboards and the treadle sewing machine table. 🤗
It's a beautiful old home really, just very shabby in places with a front verandah that might tumble down if I don't get builders and mortgage brokers involved soon.

But at least the hens will have a lovely home soon :love there's nothing wrong with my prioritising, is there?

It's a beautiful old home really, just very shabby in places with a front verandah that might tumble down if I don't get builders and mortgage brokers involved soon.

But at least the hens will have a lovely home soon :love there's nothing wrong with my prioritising, is there?

Nothing whatsoever. I think your home is lovely!

Was that copy in Latin? (I don't read Latin, I'm making an educated guess)

Provided your copy is in English... 😁
Yes it's in Latin but I never let my limited capacity for languages stop me from gazing at books :D they're still amazing even when I can't read them.

Back
Top Bottom