MJ's little flock

They look like they have settled in nicely.
Tensions are easing. Peggy is bowing before running, which is all Sandy ever wanted.

Sandy can't believe her luck that someone's bowing to her and she doesn't really know how long to stand over Peggy for. Sometimes she lets her up immediately and sometimes it drags on unnecessarily.

Tensions are easing. Peggy is bowing before running, which is all Sandy ever wanted.

Sandy can't believe her luck that someone's bowing to her and she doesn't really know how long to stand over Peggy for. Sometimes she lets her up immediately and sometimes it drags on unnecessarily.
She'll learn & soon there'll be hardly any disputes all.

They are not bred for factory laying like these poor leghorns are. Such marvelous birds forced by breeding to pump out eggs. I hope that the leghorn mix that @CrazyChookChookLady is hatching for me has that super high egg production knocked out while preserving the fun personality.

Well it's a California White (leghorn X Production black) crossed with a Plymouth Rock either blue or barred. Hopefully "she'll" have the leghorn personality with the barred rock longevity.

Need to keep her guessing!

So with respect to Peggy's age, all I can say is that she's an adult hen, laying regularly. I'll say she's 24 weeks old.

After 6 eggs in 6 days, I hope she takes a day off today.
The Pegasaurus took a day off! I'm very pleased.

But I'm looking forward to scrambled Peggy's eggies Saturday morning!

Thank you MJ! I'm trying to go easy on myself, but I get so frustrated that I can't do what I used to do.

On the plus side, Stanley did wonderful in school! I'll post some pictures soon. Everyone in the school knew he was coming, he had a greeting committee as soon as we walked in the door.

Stanley LOVED all of the attention. He let some 30 kids pet him at once. They hand fed him treats, and a few were even brave enough to pick him up. He was an absolute gentleman! He also crowed loud and proud many times!

This is a picture Anna's teacher took of her with Stanley. I just love her big smile!
View attachment 2019140
I still can't get over how amazing Stanley was when he went to school.

They are not bred for factory laying like these poor leghorns are. Such marvelous birds forced by breeding to pump out eggs. I hope that the leghorn mix that @CrazyChookChookLady is hatching for me has that super high egg production knocked out while preserving the fun personality.
The Livornos (Leghorn) in Italy still go broody.

I got a sweetheart shot for Valentine's day :love

IMG20200213195804.jpg

Back
Top Bottom