MJ's little flock

Assuming the other three have normally functioning pancreas, I'm thinking they'll have too many enzymes in their digestive system. Is that ok for them in the long run?

The prescribed enzyme is called Enzyplex.
OK so it is made of the 3 digestive enzymes that the pancreas produces. Essentially digestion is occurring as soon as you put them on the food. Now can you have too much enzymes, i suppose it could be possible.

I think i would separate them until you get Peggy's dose as low as possible. That is what you are going to do now. Each time you see the doctor he will evaluate her and see if he can lower the dosage more. When you go next time get his advice on the whole flock eating the same dose.

I'm a little antsy on sharing at higher doses. Did he tell you to check her mouth every so often? At high doses these enzymes could possibly cause lesions. It's rare but possible.

OK so it is made of the 3 digestive enzymes that the pancreas produces. Essentially digestion is occurring as soon as you put them on the food. Now can you have too much enzymes, i suppose it could be possible.

I think i would separate them until you get Peggy's does as low as possible. That is what you are going to do now. Each time you see the doctor he will evaluate her and see if he can lower the dosage more. When you go next time get his advice on the whole flock eating the same dose.

I'm a little antsy on sharing at higher doses. Did he tell you to check her mouth every so often? At high doses these enzymes could possibly cause lesions. It's rare but possible.
Thanks so much Bob :thumbsup:D

No he didn't mention her mouth but I will keep an eye on that.

I'll keep scheming to trick Peggy into eating on her own. She needs to get started on her dinner before realising no one else is with her.

I often bemoan not having my Nana's old treadle Singer sewing machine but I am the youngest in the extended family and was never asked. I wonder if one of my cousins took it? 🤔
Me too - I remember playing on the floor at her feet while she worked on it. No idea where it ended up.

Back
Top Bottom