MJ's little flock

Morning :frow it's Sunday today and there's a public holiday tomorrow. So I'm going to do some household chores and make a nice dinner. How's life going for you Bob?
It's going good. I'm enjoying my three day weekend but not the heat. Waiting for the sun to get down below the trees to feed the girls. High today was 44C. We seem to have skipped spring. I plan on doing my garden chores tomorrow morning while it's still cool out. And unfortunately, I have to do taxes when it get's too hot to be outside. I hate taxes and I know I'm gonna owe money this year because they changed the tax law last year, which affected withholding.

It's going good. I'm enjoying my three day weekend but not the heat. Waiting for the sun to get down below the trees to feed the girls. High today was 44C. We seem to have skipped spring. I plan on doing my garden chores tomorrow morning while it's still cool out. And unfortunately, I have to do taxes when it get's too hot to be outside. I hate taxes and I know I'm gonna owe money this year because they changed the tax law last year, which affected withholding.
That's really hot! Good luck with the taxes.

I pushed the boat at breakfast and used the fancy tea set :D I cleaned them last weekend in an electrolyte bath and they turned out much shinier than I expected.

Peggy's eggs with a smidge of bacon, yummy!

IMG20200607094823.jpg

Tonight's dinner had some stress but not as much as last night. That's a green light for the same approach tomorrow.

IMG20200607162507.jpg

Pegsy gets particularly agitated when the others move away to graze. So I may use some puppy play pen panels to confine the other hens until Peggy's finished her dinner.

Last edited:
I pushed the boat at breakfast and used the fancy tea set :D I cleaned them last weekend in an electrolyte bath and they turned out much shinier than I expected.

Peggy's eggs with a smidge of bacon, yummy!

View attachment 2180689
Very nice. And another pretty teacup to enjoy! :)

I felt like the fancy tea set had to be honoured with a special teacup so the phoenix cup n saucer came out of the sideboard :) phoenixes and chickens are related, aren't they?

This is a Phoenix Chicken.
Yes, MJ. There is such a thing. :D

side-view-phoenix-chicken-isolated-600w-486517633.jpg

If I ever have a rooster this is what I want. 😍
I can get these in Australia.
I can't get Onagadori, which would be my first choice ~ but who knows. Some day someone might import them. :D

I'm waiting for a rainy weekend to do my taxes. I can't waste a sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom