MJ's little flock

For all you tea drinkers out there the scientific community has settled the microwave debate for us. A published scientific study has determined that you should NOT use a microwave to make tea.

Why you may ask?

It actually results in an uneven temperature. .

When water is warmed in a kettle on a stove, a process called convection occurs. That means the water at the bottom of the container warms, becomes less dense and then moves up, so the cooler water moves down toward the warmth and also heats up. That leads to a satisfying, uniformly hot cup of tea.

Researchers found that liquid near the top of a microwaved container becomes a lot hotter than liquid at the bottom because the entire glass is also warming up, rather than just the bottom. Your tea is too hot to drink at first, and then unpleasantly cool by the time you reach the bottom.

Its not all antimicrobials and bacteria out there. I for one am glad to know that there are scientists busy solving the real issues confronting people today.
If that doesn't earn an ig nobel prize, I don't know what would!

For all you tea drinkers out there the scientific community has settled the microwave debate for us. A published scientific study has determined that you should NOT use a microwave to make tea.

Why you may ask?

It actually results in an uneven temperature. .

When water is warmed in a kettle on a stove, a process called convection occurs. That means the water at the bottom of the container warms, becomes less dense and then moves up, so the cooler water moves down toward the warmth and also heats up. That leads to a satisfying, uniformly hot cup of tea.

Researchers found that liquid near the top of a microwaved container becomes a lot hotter than liquid at the bottom because the entire glass is also warming up, rather than just the bottom. Your tea is too hot to drink at first, and then unpleasantly cool by the time you reach the bottom.

Its not all antimicrobials and bacteria out there. I for one am glad to know that there are scientists busy solving the real issues confronting people today.
YES!!!!! I just knew it. I had no idea why of course, but the very thought just gave me the shudders.
Also, as I go into my 3rd day without power a kettle on the gas ring is my only option.

When language is so colourful and delightful, it's a shame to not use as much of it as we can. It's like having an amazing sports car and never even looking at it, much less driving it.
Oh, I agree ~ but you can't make up your own meaning to words. There has to be a common agreement that such & such means this ~ as we constantly find with our friends over pond. Even our friends over the ditch use some odd~bods. And words do change over time. Not sure what the editors have done with Enid Blyton. :lau

There are times. I was honestly very confused by what @MaryJanet was saying. You can imagine why. How would 2 of those keep you warm?!

It's things like this that cause me to say I speak American not English.

I used to amuse the Brits no end when I used Aussie English over in the UK! 😉

Back
Top Bottom