MJ's little flock

Looking good!
I am a bit surprised the haven’t felt it needed cross-bracing (some struts at 45 degrees to add stability).
Probably less important without a roof (but I thought you were putting a roof on some of it??). Might be good to ask them.
I found some photos of cross bracing at the Chicken Palace that might help explain what I mean.
View attachment 2487311View attachment 2487312View attachment 2487313
The palace is such an amazing coop. You add in the hill and everything. What an amazing design!

The palace is such an amazing coop. You add in the hill and everything. What an amazing design!
Thank you. I had a lot of fun designing it and figuring how to overcome the challenges of the hill. I am fully aware that it is absurdly grand for a chicken coop but I don’t regret any of it!
I am finally getting gutters attached - it is why I had those photos on hand - to figure out how the gutters should run. I think gutters is a good idea but I was hesitant because it is already as dry as dust in there.
The chickens love that the tradies are back doing gutters. They are all firm friends (possibly aided by the fact that the tradies share their sandwiches with them).

Thank you. I had a lot of fun designing it and figuring how to overcome the challenges of the hill. I am fully aware that it is absurdly grand for a chicken coop but I don’t regret any of it!
I am finally getting gutters attached - it is why I had those photos on hand - to figure out how the gutters should run. I think gutters is a good idea but I was hesitant because it is already as dry as dust in there.
The chickens love that the tradies are back doing gutters. They are all firm friends (possibly aided by the fact that the tradies share their sandwiches with them).
Gutters? Save the rain water for the chickens. I do, and my chickens prefer it over tap water here.:D Ps. nothing wrong with having such an elaborate coop, it looks fantastic!:old

Gutters? Save the rain water for the chickens. I do, and my chickens prefer it over tap water here.:D Ps. nothing wrong with having such an elaborate coop, it looks fantastic!:old
Thank you. I do love it and the Princesses seem happy.
Yes absolutely I give the chickens the rainwater. I rigged up a temporary partial gutter just to fill the rain barrel so they already only drink rain water.
I tried them on water from the kitchen faucet but they prefer the rain water anyway.
Of course a muddy puddle is best of all!
:lau

Back
Top Bottom