MJ's little flock

I would think you'd be fine. People live with yapping dogs, sirens, trucks, motor bikes... even the loudest hen is more pleasant than any of that.
I wouldn't have a problem with a loud hen, but I'd rather make friends than enemies. Also, I'm confident they'll say yes if I put it to them the right way and then they'll have some ownership of the decision. It's important to me that the people I share fences with are happy.
I had considered getting a small flock of guinea fowl because I love them. They are pretty cute and they will eat every tick in your property.
I did a lot of research and decided that I better not. They are incredibly noisy, and they roam A LOT!

I had considered getting a small flock of guinea fowl because I love them. They are pretty cute and they will eat every tick in your property.
I did a lot of research and decided that I better not. They are incredibly noisy, and they roam A LOT!
I saw them at the show a couple of years ago! They're very cute and funny but awfully loud, quite on another level from chickens.

Funny - I was thinking the same and even more so since I found a tick on me and had to get antibiotics because it had clearly been feeding on me for a while. Hate those things!

I was given a generous gift voucher for agreeing to undertake additional responsibilities at work.

Did I spend it on sensible things like groceries?? No I did not.

IMG_2021-06-18-15-39-55-578.jpg

Because there was very little pink among the teacups.

It was heavily discounted but still rather extravagant, and it came in a lovely gift box, which I'll keep.

IMG_2021-06-18-15-40-06-718.jpg

It's a contemporary revival of a 1960s design from the Royal Albert archives.

PS :D:D:D:D

Funny - I was thinking the same and even more so since I found a tick on me and had to get antibiotics because it had clearly been feeding on me for a while. Hate those things!
I wonder if there's somewhere you can go and look at them? Maybe they're not too loud for your neighbourhood?

They are loud but they are not as destructive as chickens so if your neighbours don't mind they are still worth considering & they eat ALL the bugs! ;)

Back
Top Bottom