MJ's little flock

You're looking for both protein and vitamins. Fish is your best choice, beef liver is a good second. Ground beef will have protein but not all the vitamins. If you don't have salmon or mackerel, sardines are your next best choice followed by tuna. both in oil.
I was so caught up i missed part of that reply I am sorry.

She's only eaten a tiny bit and I made her have fluids with the vitamin tonic.

I will try again but feel cruel.
Flexi was searching for her so I brought her in for two reasons, for her too know where and how she's while hoping it would make amber want too eat. Flexi nibbled her food and did the beak ritual but nothing. They talked in their little way and flexi left too cuddle princess.

My dog is wanting to be near, but I know amber doesn't want his attention .

What makes you think she has hepatic lipidosis?
This was the first in my mind, her liver or kidneys backed up by a vet I spoke too, she thought the same and tried too get me connected with a vet that dealt with chickens.
She's not laid an egg in a long time, but she was so happy and contented and apart from the ccolouring her poo she was still the leader and contented

By the way I dont drive.

Secondly got too thinking it was an egg yoke. Believe I'm so very upset I've tried everything.

Yesterday I completely cleared out their coop ready for winter and used pine staw because I couldn't get anything else, I think that was a trigger for what happened this morning. :(

This morning I managed too find a decent straw, all too late for my amber. Same said for getting a caring vet that actually helps :(

This was the first in my mind, her liver or kidneys backed up by a vet I spoke too, she thought the same and tried too get me connected with a vet that dealt with chickens.
She's not laid an egg in a long time, but she was so happy and contented and apart from the ccolouring her poo she was still the leader and contented

By the way I dont drive.

Secondly got too thinking it was an egg yoke. Believe I'm so very upset I've tried everything.

Yesterday I completely cleared out their coop ready for winter and used pine staw because I couldn't get anything else, I think that was a trigger for what happened this morning. :(

This morning I managed too find a decent straw, all too late for my amber. Same said for getting a caring vet that actually helps :(
:hugs :hugs

By the way I dont drive.

My advice is take her diet right back to basics: chicken food and foraging. And once a day a treat only for her, as @rjohns39 or @Shadrach describe.

If she's too sick and you can't get her to a vet who studied avian science at uni, then you may have to prepare for the worst.

Giving her the wrong medications will make her sicker.

Excuse my use of bold and italics, I know you're very worried and not reading carefully so I emphasised my important points.

Back
Top Bottom