MJ's little flock

I've just been outside to check on the nest and I couldn't hear a thing. I was worried another chick had tried to hatch and been squashed so I gently picked up Ivy for a look - this is not something I could do with Peggy who fights being picked up. There were two perfect eggs beneath her. One of them is the non-starter. The other one had an embryo when I candled it but today it shows no signs of life.

If it doesn't hatch at all, how long should I let Ivy sit and wait? Today's the 25th. Is it OK to let her sit until the 28th? She has water and chick starter within reach. I could easily replace the chick starter with proper hen food.

I've just been outside to check on the nest and I couldn't hear a thing. I was worried another chick had tried to hatch and been squashed so I gently picked up Ivy for a look - this is not something I could do with Peggy who fights being picked up. There were two perfect eggs beneath her. One of them is the non-starter. The other one had an embryo when I candled it but today it shows no signs of life.

If it doesn't hatch at all, how long should I let Ivy sit and wait? Today's the 25th. Is it OK to let her sit until the 28th? She has water and chick starter within reach. I could easily replace the chick starter with proper hen food.
Wow MJ. What a bummer. :( :hugs

Since being evicted from the nest in the little coop, Peggy has been giving the wine barrel nest a lot of attention.

Attachments

• IMG_2022-01-25-19-20-36-540.jpg
    IMG_2022-01-25-19-20-36-540.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom