MJ's little flock

So
I took a step today friends. I put my name on the wait list for 3 pullets from a reliable fodder store who sells the pullets started by a reliable breeder.

I didn't make any breed preference except to say I'd rather heritage or mixed breeds, but I did say I'd prefer pullets that I can tell apart from each other. They said that makes it easier for them and that I'll hear from them in a week or two.

Hopefully that'll coincide with Mary and Ivy's reintegration with Peggy and Janet.
So Exciting! :wee :wee

I actually don’t have a real dedicated place for my flock, but I’m thinking I should even if I’m the only one on the thread 😆😆😆 I am usually posting about my chicken children in this thread though -

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-did-you-do-with-your-flock-today.1371402/page-574

I have a lot of chickens (chicken math got me good!!) but I love every single one of them! 😍 My daughter and I can name and tell apart each one…we are officially obsessed 😆

I attached a few so you can see them, but I won’t bombard your thread with all of them 😆😆 Some of the crew…we are a suburban chicken “farm” :)
The are beautiful. 🥰

Mary has her follow up this morning, so I took her off the roost last night and put her in her basket.

This morning she was out of the basket! So I've had to corner her and pick her up. Not easy, but I managed it with quick, calm gentleness. She managed it with less scampering and fewer cries for help than I expected.

So now she's strapped in.

View attachment 3268522

I've been hatching plans to make a chicken transport box with leftover scraps of ply from the roost build. Imagine a suitcase shape slightly wider than a really big hen with a large side door that folds down and a sunk floor that can hold woodshavings, with a thick perch. Possibly with removable casters. Or with a custom fit dolly. Handle on the top and a handle each side. Space for fitting food and water for longer journeys.
I will be excited to see what you come up with.

Good evening folks :frow Sorry for my absence, spent the last week in the hospital. I'm recovering now and getting back to normal. On an embarrassing side note, when the ambulance picks you up in your PJs, you get to ride home in the taxi in your PJs. :gig
My gosh! I hope whatever it was is not serious. :hugs :hugs I'm glad you are back home.

Good evening folks :frow Sorry for my absence, spent the last week in the hospital. I'm recovering now and getting back to normal. On an embarrassing side note, when the ambulance picks you up in your PJs, you get to ride home in the taxi in your PJs. :gig
Welcome back Bob, I hope you are feeling better and it wasn’t too serious.

Could someone not have brought you some clothes?! :eek:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom