MJ's little flock

I've just been reading that Dorkings start laying until 5-6 months of age. Lorna is 3 months old, so I should expect her first egg in February.

And Edie will be 8 months old when her first egg comes, assuming she's not a cockerel. So that'll be April-May.

And Katie will be 8-10 months old! April-June. Which will be Winter, so maybe she'll wait until Spring, which will be Septemberish.

I like that these pullets are slow-maturing and slow-laying. They'll have a chance of getting to 5, maybe even 8 years of age.

Is such a paradoxical breed. They're so sweet and endearing, they make great pets! They live such short and fraught lives, they make awful pets.

I'm already worried about Christa. I'm pretty sure she laid the soft egg on the first day and she's had a slight penguin posture a couple of times. She comes good again, but it doesn't bode well. If Mark suggests it, we'll go for a hysterectomy before eyp gets too serious.

Thankfully Joyce hasn't yet given me cause for concern.

Back to Diana. What do you have in mind for her at this stage?

And how's Bernadette getting along?
Bernadette seems to be doing just fine.
On Diana I don’t have any vet who could be trusted with surgery so I will just continue to take one day at a time. She is coping with her molt well so far and I am happy to see she is eating quite well.

Bernadette seems to be doing just fine.
On Diana I don’t have any vet who could be trusted with surgery so I will just continue to take one day at a time. She is coping with her molt well so far and I am happy to see she is eating quite well.
Isn't it reassuring when they tuck in. She must be feeling well :)

Dear little Bernadette. What a trooper she was in the early days.

Sometimes it pays to keep a close eye on the laundry as it goes around.

IMG_2022-11-27-09-55-59-420.jpg

It’s Amoxyclav, so probably has the same active ingredient as clavulox.
I'm pretty sure it's the exact same medication under a different brand name. I only know what I may have misunderstood when reading its Wikipedia page, but I think the amoxy part kills bacteria and the clav part is a bacteria growth inhibitor.

My slipper has been fully integrated with Joyce and Christa's living environment.

View attachment 3333752

I recommended they not sniff it too closely, but they dismissed my advice out of hand.
Is it Joyce or Christa who has her head in your slipper? Her neck feathers look like my Lucy. :love

2E5A65F0-4A97-44FC-A05B-75A8A70CA579.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom