MJ's little flock

Hi everyone!
Sorry @LozzyR that I haven't given any updates recently, been very busy with live; but anyway....here's some photos, and everyone is doing very well!
20231125_110554[1].jpg
20231125_110730[1].jpg
20231125_110644[1].jpg
20231125_110636[1].jpg
20231125_110448[1].jpg

Yes for regional red warnings ; but not really for our very local situation. The weather station is down the village where they don't get any of the higher wind. There is one weather website that is relatively accurate for us but it's private and has only 24 hours accessible for free, and they don't say exactly on what model they are basing their predictions.
We have found out AROME which is the most commonly used in France doesn't work at all for us.

I used to look at windfinder, but they don't show our place anymore.

That said I still find it incredible that we can have even relatively accurate weather predictions. It's a life changer for so many things !
Ooops...I think the weather may have become my favourite discussion subject since I moved out of the city 😱.
Weather chatter tax. (My phone's camera doesn't like the sun.) Annette keeps wandering away all by herself on open ground like she didn't get enough of a scare last week.
View attachment 3690518
Beautiful photo. That has to be hard. I rely heavily on forecasts for upcoming weather. For example there is a big storm coming up the coast tomorrow but we will be just far enough west to avoid the harshest of the weather. So I don't need to work on the coop complex today. I have another couple of days.

Last edited:
Beautiful photo. That has to hard. I really heavily on forecasts for upcoming weather. For example there is a big storm coming up the coast tomorrow but we will be just far enough west to avoid the harshest of the weather. So I don't need to work on the coop complex today. I have another couple of days.
We do?!

Today is wonderful too. A cool, fragrant morning and I can hear the waves on the shore today too.

The house is just far enough for road noise to cover the sound of the waves. Also if the wind blows the wrong way or makes too much noise in the trees, I can't hear the waves.

But on a still morning with no cars, it sounds wonderful.
Does the front porch point towards the ocean or away?

Back
Top Bottom