MM Chick Survey

Arrived: May 24, 2007

Breed and Quantity: 1 each of:
RIR
PBR
SLW
Red X link
Black Aussie

Health: All great, friendly, healthy chicks! No problems at all!

State: ME

Comments: We got some more chicks from Ideal, not nearly as friendly and 1 died, 1 other showwing signs of Failure To Thrive, and 1 very rooish EE even though we ordered hens
hmm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Date recieved: 3-31-08

6 New Hampshire males
26 New Hampshire females
26 Araucana females (EE)
12 Light Brahma straight run
1 rare breed (Buff Cochin ?)

All arrived in good condition and all so far are doing great.
I am in Virginia.

April 7

52 chicks

To many breeds to name (no bantams)

Lost 3 polish and 1 Minorca from shipping stress.

All are alive and kicking!

Very happy with my Murray McMurray order as I have been with ALL of my MM orders.

Date Recieved Chicks:3/25
How many and what breeds ordered:30 Austra., 20 Black Giants, 5 Goldlace Wyn., 1 rare breed
How many and what breeds were DOA:rare breed, 2 GLW
How many and what breeds showed signs of illness:3 GLW
What were their symptoms:couldn't stand up or eat, they perked up on 2nd day, then just died
At what age did the chicks start showing signs of illness:eek:n arrival
What State are you in (if you feel uncomfortable answering feel free to skip or pm me privately):North Carolina
Anything else you'd like to add:Myself or my chicken partner have never had anything like this happen from MM before. Also lost the rest of the GLW and 2 of the Aussies/Black Giants . . . sorry, couldn't tell the two apart.

Date Recieved Chicks: March 16

How many and what breeds ordered: 53

11 White Rocks
11 Barred Rocks
10 Partridge Rocks
8 Buff Rocks
4 Pearl White Leghorns
4 Black Jersey Giants
5 RIRs

How many and what breeds were DOA: None

How many and what breeds showed signs of illness: None

What were their symptoms: N/A

At what age did the chicks start showing signs of illness: N/A

What State are you in: New Jersey

Anything else you'd like to add:
Another BYC member and I split this order. As of now they are 5 1/2 weeks old and doing great. I've ordered from MM for several years and this was the most successful order I have recieved. I usually lose 1 for every 25-27 chicks I order from shipping stress and have never lost any others for any other reason. This time we lost no chicks.

Date Recieved-March 8th

How many breeds-1 Silver Grey Dorkings

DOA-3

6 died the first three days. At two weeks, symptoms started again. Out of 31 chicks ordered, I now have 13 left.

I'm so glad many of you have enjoyed happy healthy birds. I have used MM many times before this incident with AE, and my turkeys from them should arrive today. But that does not negate the fact that many of us did receive sick chicks during a certain period of time that MM has acknowledged. Apparently they have it all taken care of now, which is a good thing for everyone involved.

date received 4-7-08
how many and what breeds: 73 ordered received 76
25 fryer roosters
12 Buff Orp pullets
12 Barred Rock pullets
8 Easter egg pullets
8 buff laced Polish pullets
2 Buff Orp roos
2 barred rock roos
2 EE roos
2 BL Polish roos
extras that MM added in 2 EE roos and 1 barred rock roo

dead on arrival: none , however one BO did not have eyes MM credited it
Breeds showing signs of illness: none, lost one polish which was fine one day and next morn was dead at 1 wk
To this date all of the rest are lively and eating well, I'm continuing to hope for the best.
State : KY

Date Recieved Chicks: We hatched them ourselves.
How many and what breeds ordered: They are New Hampshire Reds/Rhode Island Reds/Partridge Rocks
How many and what breeds were DOA: 0
How many and what breeds showed signs of illness: 3 have showed signs of illness so far.
What were their symptoms:Walking on hocks. Very weak. Walk low to the ground. And later have seizures. Breath slowly. And die.
At what age did the chicks start showing signs of illness: 2-3 weeks.
What State are you in (if you feel uncomfortable answering feel free to skip or pm me privately): TX

April 28th

1 Amerecauna
3 Polish
1 buff Silkie
2 Plymouth Rock Bantams
1 Antwerp Belgium Bantam
1 Silver Wyandotte
1 Golden Wyandotte

None were dead or sick

Perfect health!

Washington

Back