Mod Question?! Now getting multiple chicken related spam........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
I am curious if the email list at BYC was sold to anybody? I've seen some posts about folks sending out spam, but today alone I've gotten spam from 3 different sources. Since I do not run windows products a virus, trojan or spyware has almost no chance of infecting me... so do we have folks that are mining one by one for email addy's or has my email addy been sold on a list? Curious, because if that's the case I'd like to remove mine.

PS - If it is a case of somebody who wrote a script to mine for email addys here on BYC, would you consider putting a captcha up for everytime somebody tries to send e-mail via BYC?

Last edited:
I know I have not received any chicken spam.. so i dont think the list was sold... but thats just IMHO..

Boyd...change your profile to not show your email address. Anyone can scroll over "e-mail" under your avatar (just pointing to it, not clicking on it) and your personal email address shows up in the lower left-hand corner of the internet window.
smile.png

edited to add: If you click on Profile and then Privacy, you can change your setting to not display your email, but still allow email via a form. This allows people to still email you to your personal email, but they can't see your email address (until you reply to them anyway).

Last edited:
BYC doesn't sell your info at all!

In your profile, if you have "display your email address" checked, it can be picked up.

Quote:
I just got one, since I read this thread earlier today (musta jinxed me) and when you hover over my email it gives a byc http, not my real addy so......

I just double-checked, my setting is to "Hide your e-mail address but allow form e-mail."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom