Moles destroying my vegetable garden. HELP!!!

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
I’ve seen more tracks in the backyard, but somehow they found my vegetable garden out front. And there Hass to be more than one within a couple days. Oh my gosh tracks everywhere. Luckily my tomatoes are big enough where I don’t think it’s affected them yet, but I already had to pull out some small cucumber sprouts. These guys got to go NOW!!!! that’s my food for the summer and my garden is my passion. I know those sonic things don’t work and obviously can’t put any kind of poison down being my garden. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m desperate

I had never heard of it and just looked it up a little pricey, but worth it except for the fact that all the sudden in my 35 x 35 area I have tracks on each edge and throughout every couple rows of all the vegetables. I feel like there’s a lot more than one going on.

I had never heard of it and just looked it up a little pricey, but worth it except for the fact that all the sudden in my 35 x 35 area I have tracks on each edge and throughout every couple rows of all the vegetables. I feel like there’s a lot more than one going on.
Yeah they're not cheap and a little hit or miss - the last mole I caught was hefty and didn't fully fit in the trap - but I see a lot of folks using them in my neighborhood since they're relatively safe (only danger might be if you have a small child that would pull them up and trigger them) and can be used repeatedly. For a larger area you'd have to buy multiple traps and then cross your fingers that you placed them wisely.

Moles are there for the worms and grubs, with the unsightly, annoying tunnels. Gophers are there for the veg and roots. Also with annoying tunnels.

Do you know which you have?

We have had moles. We got rid of them by baiting a new spot / tunnel while we were outside. We kept an eye on it, and when we saw activity we took a pickax to the active spot. We did this a few times, each time with success.

Back
Top Bottom