month old chicken got played with by my dog and has a little hole in her neck

kalel305

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
its been 2 days since the wound happened,I have a 4 month old german shepard who thought fluffy was a tennis ball,I put her in her own little cat box and kept it clean with neosporan,she acts fine,but misses her sisters,can i put her back in with them?shes drinking and eating,her wound looks weird but I think its due to the grease in the medicane

Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. If you can wrap her wound with something, she might be happier with her friends. I would keep it wrapped until it heals. If the other chickens see blood, They will hurt her badly. :(

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Yes, it is very likely that she will be picked on if the others see the wound. You may have to keep her separate until it heals, but maybe you can rig a small enclosure in the brooder for her.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

thank you!I didn't know that they picked on each other,I had put them in a little cat carrier together,and they fell aslep,I'll go seperate her!Thank you!

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome!I'm suer excited about my chicks!We just bought our first house and have a large garden,2 kids,4 dogs,4 cats,3 chicks!!and whatever else lands on my doorstep!!!

Back
Top Bottom