MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

Featherbaby,

They are referring to the mill in Lake Butler on 121, a bit south of 100. It's on the right hand side heading south on 121 after you get out of "town" lol. You can't miss it.

How are those buff babies doing????
Jacki

Does anyone know if the mill is open on Sundays? If they are I may stop on my way to the Bent Feed Swap and pick some mill feed up.

anyone bringing baby bunnies to next swap? hubbie picked one out at standard feed but it died before we got it.

it needs to be docile for a magic act.

would take an adult if it will take (bite) a card if you put them around his face and is docile.

Quote:
There is always lots of bunnies at this swap...
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Hi Jacki,

The two babies are doing very well. I named them "Powder" and "Puff" I have them in my kitchen in a big tote with a heat lamp. They like to perch on the round thermometer I placed on the bottom to read the temp easily. Now they sit on it and I can't see the numbers! HA! How old were they on Sunday when I got them? I'm keeping the temp at 95 as if they were new hatches, is that right? Does humidity matter very much at this stage? I guess you can tell I'm new at this. HA! I have never raised chicks this small before. My silkies came to me at about 3 months old, so I missed all the beginning stuff. But I'm learning. Some people prefer medicated chick starter, others say not to use the medicated one. What is your opinion/experience in this?

Do you use the chick starter from the Mill you gave me directions to? What is it called?

Thanks so much for two precious babies.

Feather Baby..... I gave Lightening some gals today.... he wasn't sure what to do with himself... hehe.
I use Hillandale Feed Mill too, Chick Starter comes in 50lb bags, Layer in 50 or 100lbs. The more you buy, the cheaper it is, I go once a month. They have sweet feed too as well as some common brands of feed etc... Great value if you are feeding a lot of birds and other animals.

Quote:
Hi Jacki,

The two babies are doing very well. I named them "Powder" and "Puff" I have them in my kitchen in a big tote with a heat lamp. They like to perch on the round thermometer I placed on the bottom to read the temp easily. Now they sit on it and I can't see the numbers! HA! How old were they on Sunday when I got them? I'm keeping the temp at 95 as if they were new hatches, is that right? Does humidity matter very much at this stage? I guess you can tell I'm new at this. HA! I have never raised chicks this small before. My silkies came to me at about 3 months old, so I missed all the beginning stuff. But I'm learning. Some people prefer medicated chick starter, others say not to use the medicated one. What is your opinion/experience in this?

Do you use the chick starter from the Mill you gave me directions to? What is it called?

Thanks so much for two precious babies.

I use medicated Starter/Grower I feed it to the birds until I get my first egg then I switch over to Layer. If I have any Starter/Grower or Grower left over when I get my first egg, I mix in the leftover feed with the Layer feed. I have never had any problems. The amprollium in the Starter helps in the chicks development in their resistance to cocci. It is sulfa based. There is only a problem eating the eggs layed by the birds that have had the medicated feed when they start to lay if you have any alergies to Sulfa.

Back
Top Bottom