MONTHLY Swap meet JACKSONVILLE, FLA-----INFO HERE!

Although Sat might be better for buyers it might interfere with the feed stores regular business. That is why the owners have it on Sun, and really it is up to them when they have it since it is their space and they are nice enough to let us come use it. I told them I would try and make a banner for them to hang up, just waiting to get out of this Christmas craziness. I think help with more advertising would be beneficial. More people might need to help post it to let people know ahead of time and help keep interest.

Quote:
How NICE for you to do a banner for them!!!! Great idea! Shared acres is donating some yard signs and I am going to repaint and vinyl letter them. That will give us some 'drive by' attention. Then when they look further, they'll see your banner. What are you going to have it say? How big are you thinking? Where would it be hung?

Sandi Maybe if it is big enough he would hang it from one of the uhaul trucks that sit out front close to the highway. It would announce the swap. think Don in WHite Springs has a very good idea with the monthly raffle. He also has all his vendors register and gives them tickets for a special raffle just for vendors that is free. It encourages the vendors to keep coming back and as a past winner of one of his raffles it makes the vendor feel hes appreciated somewhat. He also works with local charity groups who cook and sell lunches with the proceeds going to that charity They get a chance to earn money and he gets the additional publicity from their groups. He chooses a different charity each month it seems. They sell a complete hot lunch not just hotdogs and chips. If you check out his thread you will see just how big his swap has become.

From what I saw at our previous meets during the late spring / early summer months. . .

We are filling up the space we currently have. . . . This is something we need to keep in mind . . .

There wasn't room a few times for additional vendors. . . Although, I think getting additional vendors would be GREAT !

I do think we need more signs saying where to park.
"NEWBIES" driving by will just keep driving because they PAST the parking area BEFORE they see the amount of vendors set up . .

IMHO . .. Just my thoughts

Quote:
Thanks Mathace, you are right. We need to have signs for people to park next door in the shopping center area and organize the vendors so there are not so many blank spaces. Good suggestions!

Quote:
Mickie, I think you're right about the raffle for vendors AND a separate raffle for attendees. I talked to Jennifer at Bent Creek and she liked the idea too. I think the Bent Creek folks are going to do hotdogs and drinks. I go to an exotic bird show where one man makes ham and beans that are outstanding! This would only be good in warm weather though. So we are still working on concession ideas. I need to go to one of the White Springs swaps and see what they do. I started out to one of them last spring (while I still had my freedom) and got lost getting there.....never did get there.....came home, cleaned the coops and layed down for a nap. Bah! Now I have a GPS, there's a remote chance I could find it. HA!

I have been in contact with Don of the SUWANEE HARDWARE AND FEED in White Springs. We have been discussing creating a facebook page for all of our swaps in Florida and Georgia. I think I will concentrate on Florida first, and those who are hosting swaps can upload fliers for their swaps. I have been working on it but haven't completed it yet. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

sooo....theres no swap today?
hmm.png

Aleida, a facebook page is a super idea. I think you'll attract a lot more people. Can't wait til it gets a bit warmer to attend some of these. Im just too much of a weenie to go out when its cold out.

Back
Top Bottom