More table scraps = fewer eggs ?

Premade diets cover all the nutrition your birds need and are age appropriate...Only 10% of their diet should be other types of food..That includes, scratch grains and the table scraps...
You answered your own question...If your egg production is down, it is the diet your feeding..Plus fat hens do not live or produce as long as healthy birds...

Cheers

5+ months old

my leghorn is the smallest in the group..  as for the pecking order she's at the bottom of the flock of 5..

i don't know if bullying can be a factor or not.. since she's not laying at all for 1+ week now
try isolating your lead hen for a week and ready introduce . My smallest hen runs my flock of 152. There are 151 chickens and a duck. First in command is a very dainty 2 y/o rir hen and second in command is a blind 4y/o barbanter hen who is blind as a bat.

Actually I do. 25 are meat birds and in a coop/run all the other own. 60 are under a month old so they just answer to Big Red the adult rir hen in their coop. Duckie just eats all day and stays out of trouble. The remaining 66 are 4 separate ages making the ultimate pecking order easy to follow. My single white leghorn is almost 2 and is near the top, not for her size but for her temperament, she is very laid back yet very dominant. So yes a person as involved in the care as much as I am DOES know the pecking order.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom