Mosaic Chickens!

I’ve been stalking this thread for a little bit because it seems to be one of the only active resources to see/hear about Mosaic chickens.
So after reading through and (barely) debating, I’ve decided I would love to have Mosaics of my own!... but I prefer the ones with more color (browns) on their feathers. And from what I’ve seen most have more of that monochromatic black/white look, and I don’t want to order and leave it to luck whether or not I receive some brown-ish ones. :barnie Thoughts?

Below are examples of my preferred Mosaic look, credits to the original posters!View attachment 1872763View attachment 1872764View attachment 1872765View attachment 1872766
FYI it’s a crap shoot. Most look the same at hatch... and feather out differently.
THeyre all gorgeous.

I’ve been stalking this thread for a little bit because it seems to be one of the only active resources to see/hear about Mosaic chickens.
So after reading through and (barely) debating, I’ve decided I would love to have Mosaics of my own!... but I prefer the ones with more color (browns) on their feathers. And from what I’ve seen most have more of that monochromatic black/white look, and I don’t want to order and leave it to luck whether or not I receive some brown-ish ones. :barnie Thoughts?

Below are examples of my preferred Mosaic look, credits to the original posters!View attachment 1872763View attachment 1872764View attachment 1872765View attachment 1872766
You might try finding a breeder who will sell started pullets or hens. I lucked out in New England

A188B070-761B-484A-AF06-736B32525EBC.jpeg
Mine are mostly black and white but they have a few specks of brown in their feathers.
84EF62D3-4487-4563-95AB-F03DD4D365DF.jpeg

If you go through and read the original breeders description, it says they come in a very wide variety of colors. There is no standard color for this breed. As stated above, your best bet would be trying to find started pullets if you want specific colors.

Back
Top Bottom