Mothers Day hatch *hatching updates*

WOO HOO, mine were not due till Wed and I got three babies this morning. They were marked as call duck eggs but UM NOPE, CHICKENS!!!!! so they were a week early for a duck!
roll.png

Quote:
yay for you! those must have been some big chicken eggs to be mistaken for ducks, what kind are they?
I've got 9 babies and 4 more pips . . . this is the best mother's day ever!

Here's the first four guys of my Mother's day hatch; I've got Welsummer & RIR eggs, and the wellies are pipping and hatching first. No activity from the RIR, yet.

24456_wel_011.jpg

jumpy.gif
Good luck with everyone's hatches!
jumpy.gif

I'm so excited for everyone that has babies starting to hatch!!

wee.gif

I no longer hear peeping, but I can hear a rhythmic tapping sound coming from one of the two eggs. The other egg is silent..? Both were peeping earlier.

Last edited:
here we are across America sitting huddled over our incubators . . . we need need a TV show like desperate housewives except called something like chicken mommas

Quote:
yay for you! those must have been some big chicken eggs to be mistaken for ducks, what kind are they?
I've got 9 babies and 4 more pips . . . this is the best mother's day ever!

NOOO call duck eggs are the same size as a rir or buckeye or ameraucana egg. SOOOOO there you have it.

NOW i have RIR hatching and Buckeyes hatching and a few assorted who the heck knows what they are hatching. They are due on Wednesday. I guess my bator is a bit warm. LOL
lol.png
roll.png

AND A GOOSE!!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom