Mothers Day hatch *hatching updates*

So here's the thing, My eggs were shipped to me by a fellow BYCer. Super profesional, excellent packing, awesome fertility rates, I couldn't ask for better.
They came with an amazing amount of wonderful info on the roosters and hens the were out of, with the eggs marked with an F or a CH to designate the rooster 18 from F and 12 from CH. They all showed similar growth and viability during first 21 days. After discarding the no go's I was at 17 from F and 9 from CH for hatch. So far of the 11 hatched they all belong to F plus three that have pipped and three I am waiting on. Not one of the ones from CH have even pipped . . . what do you make of it?

Quote:
That is very curious. I have no clue, but hopefully someone else will!

I'm worried about my second egg. It was peeping earlier but now it's silent. Does that mean it died? Is there a chance it is resting up or something? That egg didn't have quite as large of an air cell, so maybe it pipped in the wrong place and drowned? Is there any way to tell? I'm so impatient!

The other egg just pipped, I hope I wake up to a baby tomorrow!

Quote:
That is very curious. I have no clue, but hopefully someone else will!

I'm worried about my second egg. It was peeping earlier but now it's silent. Does that mean it died? Is there a chance it is resting up or something? That egg didn't have quite as large of an air cell, so maybe it pipped in the wrong place and drowned? Is there any way to tell? I'm so impatient!

The other egg just pipped, I hope I wake up to a baby tomorrow!

It could have died, but they rest and sleep too. shine a flashlight on it . . . I thought you had three eggs?

One cracked and then started oozing and bubbling this morning. I had to dispatch it to the trash very carefully!
sickbyc.gif

So now I just have two, and they are both little pullet eggs. The one that pipped was the tiniest one, and I refrigerated it for a week. Then it sat out for a week on the counter, and then I put it in the incubator...just in case.

She's a white Polish. She was 6 weeks old in that picture. I think that was the height of her beauty, now she has a huge beard and looks funky.
tongue.png

Here's my pip! You can see how tiny the egg is, it's like a little golf ball.

533494131_upcb3-M.jpg

Last night I had about 25 new babies! (since Friday) A couple died in the shell, a few never made a pip. I'll let them go today and see if I get any more. I am VERY HAPPY with what I have now! PIX to come soon.

I stayed up until 3 in the morning last night watching my egg. It hatched around 2 AM. I think it's a pure buff brahma!

The other egg never did anything.
sad.png
It stopped peeping. I guess I'll just wait today and make sure...? But now I just have one loan chick. And it's so tiny, it hatched out of a golf ball sized pullet egg. I don't know what to do with it, my 4 week olds will squish the poor fragile thing.

Back
Top Bottom