Mothers Day hatch *hatching updates*

hey! im glad for your success, but i have eggs that are supposed to hatch monday!! so maybe ill get a mothers day chick?
big_smile.png
i have seen movement in most of them, but all are developing allright. i am kinda shocked they're still alive because they humidity went down, for no apparent reason. i checkeed the lid and it was secure so the moisture couldn't have escaped. hmm.oh well:) here's to a happy mother's day everyone!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Day 20 for most of us . . . sounds like there are some babies out there already post your pictures and/or any problems you are having. No peeping in mine yet, I'm stressed to the max.

Nothing happening in my eggs so far. The temps are reading 98.6 for the wiggler and 99-100 for the air temp. I'm afraid to reach in an adjust. The humidity is right at 79% and holding well...

Last edited:
Hmm, I added water last night and then my humidity skyrockete and my temps dropped. I am still trying to get it back up, it's 97.9 right now and the humidity in the 70's. It's a hovabator and I haven't had any trouble maintaining the temps til now. I assume it's due to the extra water? I added hot water.

Well it looks like only going to get two out of the 11 to hatch. I had heard faint peeping last night but then nothing late this morning. I took out the 4 eggs that I thought were viable two days ago. 3/4 had totally absorbed their yolk and internally pipped but then died. The 5th had not even pipped the aircell but about half the yolk was absorbed. I'm thinking that day 20 temp drop/ humidity spike killed them. There are still 5 eggs in the bator that I'm pretty sure quit around day 16-17 but I haven't wanted to mess with them yet.

I would post a picture of the two that hatched but now my camera cord is missing off the computer desk.

Hmmmmm wonder where it went....

p.s. I don't think the dog would eat the chicks - they aren't crunchy enough. She likes hard plastic, wood and apparently glass.

Quote:
My temp dropped another hair when I added more water too, but then it dropped a bit back when I purposely lowered the humodity as well. I am wondering if for some reason the "bigger bodies" and less "egg" is what is affecting the drop. anyone else experiencing a modest drop in temp?

I did at least fine my flashlight...
It was under this little table I have in my room with a tablecloth that hangs to the floor. She likes to sleep under there.

The two chicks are in with (4) 2 week old chicks. Those four are taking care of them. Last night they put the "babies" in the middle and then surrounded them to keep them warm.

Back
Top Bottom