Mothers Day hatch *hatching updates*

I took the turner out last night, and this morning I had a chick!
love.gif
I was suprised, as I didn't think those were supposed to hatch yet! Turns out, those are due on Mother's day...
idunno.gif

They are from a dear friend, so I think they are OEGB/Cornish. It was an 18 day baby!

There is something wrong with my one chick that has mostly hatched, so i'm assuming he is going to die. But thats not a huge suprise considering he is early. None of the other ones have pipped anything, and I havent candled. So I hope they wait till saturday/sunday and have a good hatch.
smile.png

Mine are due tomorrow - I can hear one peeping in the shell but no pips yet. When I candled them it looked like I had a couple quitters but since I think the dog ate my mini-mag light - the flash light I did have to use was ineffecient. So in they stayed.

What do you all have your humidity set at? I added two dishes of water and mine is up to 60%. I can't get it any higher! Is that good enough? I'm on day 18 today, hoping for a mother's day hatch for at least one of my 3 eggs...

Quote:
I have been told . . . and read . . . anywhere between 60% and 80% and often told as high as you can get it for the last three days. Mine is currently at 66% but my temp has dropped to 99.1. I don't want to fiddle with the settings this late in the game, but I don't understand why it has very slowly been going down for the last 5 days or so when it stayed at 100.6 the whole time until now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did something HORRIBLE!!!!!

I have other eggs that aren't due for another week in the bator, so I hadn't turned the turner off yet. Well a couple of hours ago I decided to unplug the turner. I followed the cord back and unpluged it.

Just checked the bator and - guess what? Yep I had unplugged the bator instead. Humidity was 89% and the temp was 79.9.

If I killed these chicks I will be SOOOOOOOO upset. They weren't all my chicks to begin with.

Here's hoping they didn't get too cold or drown.

I need to go find my little flashlight.

Stupid dog - I know she took it.

Back
Top Bottom