Mothers Day hatch *hatching updates*

Quote:
hugs.gif
Tough break...

I think that all my muscovy babies are dead, but I moved them to the hatcher late last night anyway. I'm hoping that I get at least 1-2 out of them. We had a few humidity dips and lately I haven't been able to keep the temp up! The good news is that quite a few of the shipped call duck eggs are developing, and all of the runner duck eggs are swimming and kicking away when I candle them!

Emily in NC

PS - I may just buy 2-3 muscovy babies this year, depending on finances!

I got a very special early Mother's Day present today!!
wee.gif
One of my Lavender Ameraucanas hatched and I have 6 more pips as of right now!
wee.gif
The first chick is a visual lavender and is sooooo pretty!! Can't wait till it dries off, I will get pics as soon as I can! I have always wanted Lavenders and now I have one!
love.gif

They were unplugged for a couple of hours. I can't find my candling flashlight but I checked some eggs last night and 6 of the 11 were making noises. I have two that hatched today. One was zipped 3/4 this morning and one had just a pip. The pip managed to hatch and is fluffy. The other was still 3/4 so I took it out. The membrane had totally shrink wrapped it. I just popped his hatch off and peeled off the rest of the dried membrane and he came right out. He had already pooped in the shell upside down so I know he was totally stuck. Here's hoping for the other eggs to be Ok.

I'm not kidding when I say I think the dog took the flashlight. So far this week she has chewed up the batteries out of the remote and she broke a glass and was chewing on that.

I think she has issues
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom