Mottled Orpington Project Update

BamaChicken

Orpingtons Bama Style
12 Years
Nov 14, 2007
Thought I would show a picture of a young 4 month old Cochin Roo I purchased from a exhibtion breeder to Cross with my line. I will have to work several years to get the feathering of feet out and yellow skin and beak.
003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

This is a picture of my first generation of Bama's. This is a young cockerel not breeding yet.
021.jpg
022.jpg

This is a first generation pullet. She is not laying yet. no red comb yet.

Yes they look much better than Bama in color. I took some pics of hiim to day but I don't have time to upload before I leave for Church. He is not going to turn all black from the looks of it. Seems as though he will just be more of a mottled color. He is not done yet though. I will hopefully start getting eggs from him and the two hens he is in with Both look black but have the mottled gene and are very nice typey Orps.

Very nice Julie! That young cockerel is stunning!

I have a couple of chicks with some white on them from you but I'm not sure if that's a normal black thing that they grow out of or a trait of your Bama color. Did you see the pics?

Julie, I never get tired of looking at pics of your birds. Very nice! Those Bama babies are beautiful!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom