Mouths open at night?

Mouthwash

Chirping
May 20, 2023
Chicago IL
My chickens are 9 weeks old and this weekend are gonna go out in the coop full time this weekend, right now they're in the garage in a smaller coop. One hen opens her mouth evertime we bring her outside. She's more skittish and considered she's probably just stressed from the change of scenery. I have a camera on them on the garage and noticed the last few nights, only after I turn the lights off at any given time a couple of them might have their mouth open, but they don't do it during the day at all. Are they trying to cool off before sleeping since it's hot in the garage? Stressed by the sudden change in light? I don't think they're sick because like I said it's only at night and they seem to be acting normal otherwise.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230621_203117_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230621_203117_Messages.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
My chickens are 9 weeks old and this weekend are gonna go out in the coop full time this weekend, right now they're in the garage in a smaller coop. One hen opens her mouth evertime we bring her outside. She's more skittish and considered she's probably just stressed from the change of scenery. I have a camera on them on the garage and noticed the last few nights, only after I turn the lights off at any given time a couple of them might have their mouth open, but they don't do it during the day at all. Are they trying to cool off before sleeping since it's hot in the garage? Stressed by the sudden change in light? I don't think they're sick because like I said it's only at night and they seem to be acting normal otherwise.
Might be hot in the garage. Mine have been panting during the day and will stop once it cools down or when they go underneath my porch were it’s nice and cool.

Back
Top Bottom