Moving broody hen!

Sagey_7878

Songster
Sep 1, 2017
Australia
Hey everyone, it’s a bit of a long story so I’ll try cut it down to simplest form. I have a coronation Sussex who has been broody for a while now and we’ve decided that we wild order fertile eggs for her since we live in the suburbs of Australia and no roosters are allowed. We haven’t got the eggs yet (Wednesday morning now) the guy said he should have them all by Thursday but possibly Wednesday afternoon depending if his hens lay. Yesterday I attempted to move her during daytime to the broody coop and she was not sitting on the nest and it looked like she was fretting being isolated, she broke her nail in the process and there www quite a lot of bleeding but she still has her nail it’s just a bit shorter, however she still is scratching an eating/drinking the same as before! Since she wasn’t having it I moved her to back to the main coop and she sat on her original nest almost straight away! So last night I moved her to the broody coop again hoping she’ll stay broody so I can hatch some chicks, it’s now morning and I checked and she’s still broody! Is she good to go to hatch chicks?
Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom