Moving/Temporary Shelter & Run Ideas

beezymama76

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 23, 2016
Hi! We're moving 800 miles to a more rural area with more predators and taking our 8 beloved Girls with us. Can't gain access to the new property before closing so will be arriving with trucks, kids, dog, and birds all at once. We're doing a shed for the coop this time so that will be delivered soon after arrival. There's no fencing or shelter waiting for us. What would you do to get the girls out of cages and safe for a few days while we're moving in and building their new run? We're going to bury our chicken wire on the inside of the chain link about a foot down, so the permanent run/cool will take a whole day to get done. Help!?

Since it sounds like you will be "around" with the move out, maybe get 8 12 foot pieces of wood and four pieces for uprights and make a quick temporary cage? I'm imagining an upside down wire crate, basically. Obviously, cage them at night to be safe.

I posted another thread, but wanted to reply here too! Situation now that we are closer to actual move has changed. We will be staying with family 1-2 weeks so the Girls need a less temporary shelter etc.

Problem is, it doesn't make sense to have our permanent coop delivered and built at my Mom's only to have to be torn down, moved and rebuilt 1-2 weeks later at our place down the street!

Cheap coops online with attached runs don't house more than 2-4 birds. Bigger ones end up feeling cost prohibitive...seems silly to drop 3-400 bucks on something not meant to be continued use.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom