Moving to the country! WARNING: CRAZY GIRL TALKS TO CHICKENS!!

I talk to mine all the time. Here's a photo of me discussing something with my dominant rooster, Carl.

I have a Black Australorp, Molly, who follows me around and tells me all the flock gossip. She clucks, I respond with "Oh, really?" and "No, that didn't happen!" and she buks and buh-bawks just like we're having a discussion.

As I am someone who has moved to the country recently, I am absolutely thrilled for you!!

LOL I talk with my chickens also. My conversations usually go something like this: "Muffy, hush your beak, you're so noisy!" "Brrrrraaaack Braaaack Buk Brrrraaaak!!" or "Roo Roo, if you don't get your feathered butt back in that run right now I'm gonna have to come after you!" "Bok Bok Bok Bok" (as she runs away from me
roll.png
) or " You're such a pretty chicken, Friendly, yes you are!" "Buck Buck Buck Buck" (they each have their own way of talking back to me...I really need to post some videos...hahaha) Congrats on moving to the country! =)

They won't know what to do if you don't tell them. Yup, you tell them hey girls see this nest box's this is where the eggs go & sure enough one day there will be an egg in it. Works for me.Its the people who don't talk to them that are looking for their eggs all over the place.

I talk to my chickens all the time! I can't imagine not talking to them! You are DEFINITELY not alone on BYC!

Back
Top Bottom