Mrs. AK Birdbrain did your georgia giant hatch yet?

UPDATE!!
interview.gif

This is half of the 78 that hatched this morning...

6962_img_5219.jpg

I also have 7 mallards pipped, two bourbon red turkeys hatched and one more pipped,

6962_sandspoultry_bourbon_reds.jpg

and about 15 Northern Bobwhites in another hatcher (4 going at the moment). That's not counting the 30 coturnix that hatched yesterday...

padded.gif

BTW... the 100+ Georgia Giant eggs were purchased from Wadley Gamebird Farms. 78 out of actually 98 that made it in one piece...79.9% hatch rate for eggs shipped to Alaska in the winter...
thumbsup.gif

I was surprised to see bunny pics on this thread - I betcha that (if momma is a purebred Californian, which she looks like she is) that the ''white'' kit will end up a californian/pointed white/himilayan colored bunny similar to mom
smile.png
The color comes in on the top of the tail first on a californian colored baby bun - and since it will carry REW recessively, it will have lighter/smaller colored points than momma probably
smile.png

Karin (rabbit color genetics geek)

Mrs.AKBB,

I see that you use egg cartons in the hatcher, it also looks like you put the hatching eggs in small end down (like incubating), how long have you been doing this and what kind of results do you have compared to just laying the eggs on their sides in the hatcher? Do you think it is a better method? Did you do this with the duck eggs as well? Im just curious and it looks like a better method because the chicks arnt knocking the pipping eggs around, and it looks like it is a cleaner method and easier to count how many are left to hatch......................Jason

Somehow I missed this today:idunno awwww sooo cute:love so will you hatch all summer ? I mean will I get to see hatches when I'm there?
big_smile.png

Nancy
smile.png

Quote:
I've been hatching in cartons since last summer... I won't do it any other way. I haven't done the ducks in the cartons yet, since there are so few eggs. I had ~ 40 bobwhite eggs in each of two hatchers, in the cartons. The little chips of shells stay in the cartons for the most part, so cleanup is easier. It also keeps them from bowling the eggs around. There's a lot of controversy about it, but I like to do it that way. Not that it's better, it's more convenient.
smile.png

UPDATE!!
interview.gif

This is half of the 78 that hatched this morning...

6962_img_5219.jpg

I also have 7 mallards pipped, two bourbon red turkeys hatched and one more pipped,

6962_sandspoultry_bourbon_reds.jpg

and about 15 Northern Bobwhites in another hatcher (4 going at the moment).  That's not counting the 30 coturnix that hatched yesterday...

padded.gif

BTW... the 100+ Georgia Giant eggs were purchased from Wadley Gamebird Farms.  78 out of actually 98 that made it in one piece...79.9% hatch rate for eggs shipped to Alaska in the winter... /img/smilies/thumbsup.gif

I know this is a really old thread...I just bought a hovabator with turner and was thinking about ordering a batch of GG eggs from Wadley. How quick did they ship and how long to set? I'm still in the "research" phase and the info on here is overwhelming! Thanks so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom