muddy75

Micro-Rancher
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Aug 17, 2018
southern indiana
My Coop
My Coop
For those that do not know me already from other threads, I became a hatch-a-holic following the Halloween Hatch-a-Long 2018. Today began my 3rd hatch of button quail. I will add additional info later today as well as pictures etc.
This group of eggs was my second from purely poultry. Each time I ordered a dozen and received 20. I set this 20 as soon as they arrived on November 14 with hopes for hatch in the Thanksgiving round of the hatch-a-long. I am trying to hatch a male or 2 for my 4 hens from my last button hatch and any new hens I get. I really want a red breasted blue male like my original button that I lost to a predator attack on my aviary.
I have hatched all my buttons in my original janoelle 12 incubator and this is the first time that I have only buttons in the brooder.

Last edited:
72907CCD-8D2D-4705-B3EC-9B93FC86C114.jpeg 321CAAAE-8FC2-4C83-8B89-627C3281E52F.jpeg
Are the fakers popping yet?
3 hatch so far.....started around 2am

:yesss:

Are you staying home today?
I wish I could have!! but unfortunately not......hoping to get home earlier than usual though. I decided to wait on moving these guys because I wouldn’t be there to watch them and my brooder temp with the new ceramic lamp was only reading 80. Looked like a couple more possibly pipped too so hopefully more babies to move this afternoon!

these guys are killing me!! they are soooo tiny and they’ve been crying ever since i moved them......i guess i’m going to bring in the big heat lamp for now and see if it helps.....this one was only getting to 80* and the stupid dogs unplugged it and now it’s 72 :he

these guys are killing me!! they are soooo tiny and they’ve been crying ever since i moved them......i guess i’m going to bring in the big heat lamp for now and see if it helps.....this one was only getting to 80* and the stupid dogs unplugged it and now it’s 72 :he
Aww! Poor things are cold. No wonder they're crying. They'll probably go right to sleep as soon as you get them warmed up.

Back
Top Bottom