Multi-colored silkies? Where are they?

I don't think theres porcelain silkies. They'd probably just look like bad buffs or something since yo ucan't exactly see the whole straw feathers with a lavender spangle and white tip like yo uwould on a normal feathered bird

Have you got any problem with getting the black skin back on your crele and cuckoo?

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4819.jpg

The crele's is very light--the cuckoo's was dark enough that she wasn't DQed, and in fact did pretty well, by very silkie knowledgeable judges at a couple of shows last fall.

Dark skin and barring are genetically difficult to acquire--you need crossover.

Quote:
Ok! Thank you for all that info! I will post photos later today.

The eggs came from a good breeder, but she wasnt sure what was what, as she had originally planned on just hatching them for herself. So they are pure silkie, but she wasnt sure what was in each egg. The parents could be a wonderful SQ buff pair, or a neatly colored pair of Frizzles, where the male is black, with golden tipped hackles. (mom was black) I have never had silkies, as my tru love is big puffy cochins. These were an impulse!

I think I will be showing the third baby at next years NE Congress, as she is shaping up to be a silver laced Blue Cochin! We hope she has a nice body shape, but it is obviously too soon to tell.

Back
Top Bottom